Saturday, June 18, 2011

British Actress Inspired by Prophet's Life Myriam Francois-Cerrah Embraces Islam

By Reading Islam Staff
Myriam Francois-Cerrah
Myriam Francois-Cerrah
 I embraced Islam after graduating from Cambridge. Prior to that I was a skeptical Catholic; a believer in God but with a mistrust of organized religion.
The Qur’an was pivotal for me. I first tried to approach it in anger, as part of an attempt to prove my Muslim friend wrong. Later I began reading it with a more open mind.
The opening of Al Fatiha, with its address to the whole of mankind, psychologically stopped me in my tracks. It spoke of previous scriptures in a way which I both recognized, but also differed. It clarified many of the doubts I had about Christianity. It made me an adult as I suddenly realized that my destiny and my actions had consequences for which I alone would now be held responsible.

 ......
Prophet Mohammad (peace be upon him) said: 'Forgive him who wrongs you. Join him who cuts you off. Do good to him who does evil to you and speak the truth even if it be against yourself.'
Source : www.onislam.net


Source: Emel Magazine, (Issue 77 February 2011) http://www.emel.com & http://www.usislam.org/

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails