Alhaj Dr. B.S.Abdur Rahman, lovingly called 'Sena Aana' by people of Kilakarai. A well known personality in the field of Education, Economy and Industry and a Philanthropist of par excellence, hails from Kilakarai, Ramanathapuram District, Tamil Nadu, Besides his business activities he concentrates on the upliftment of the economically weaker sections and minorities through education, employment, health facilities and rural development. At present he pays more attention on "Women Education". His large heartedness and far sightedness have produced many a institutions of excellence, through which his services continue to benefit the poor, downtrodden and the under privileged sections of the society. He traces his lineage to first Caliph of Islam, Hazrat Abubakr Siddiq (RA).
|Full Name : Buhari Syed Abdur Rahman|
|Date of Birth : 15th October 1927|
|Place of Birth : Kilakarai, Ramnad District|
|Educational Qualification : School Final|
|Father Name : Syed Muhammad Buhari|
|Mother Name : Yusuf Zulaikha|
1. Chairman Amana Investments Ltd, HongKong 2. Chairman West Asia Exports & Imports Pvt. Ltd., Chennai 3. Chairman East Coast Constructions & Industires (P) Ltd., Chennai 4. Chairman West Asia Maritime Ltd., Chennai 5. Chairman Sethu Investments Pvt. Ltd., Chennai 6. Chairman Buharia Holdings (P) Ltd.,Chennai 7. Promoter Coal & Oil LLC., Dubai 8. Vice-Chairman ETA Ascon Star Group, Dubai
1. The Seethakathi Trust
2. All India Islamic Foundation
3. B.S. Abdur Rahman University
4. Islamic Studies & Cultural Centre
5. B.S.Abdur Rahman Zakat Foundation Trust
1. Crescent Residential Matricualtion Higher Secondary School, Vandalur, Chennai - 600 048.
A fully residential school that caters to the needs of children from India & abroad. The first educational Institution started by him.
2. Crescent Matriculation Higher Secondary School for Girls, Nungambakkam, Chennai - 600 006.
3. Nagore Crescent Matriculation Higher Secondary School for Girls, Nagore - 611 002.
4. Madurai Crescent Matriculation School for Girls, Madurai - 625 014.
1. BS Abdur Rahman Crescent Engineering College, Vandalur, Chennai - 600 048.
This outstanding technical institution offers Under-graduate courses in various Engineering disciplines. This college also offers Post-graduate courses.
2. Thassim Beevi Abdul Kader College for Women, Kilakarai
This college for Women is situated at Kilakarai, Ramanathapuram District. The long felt need of the pople in this remote rural area is fullfilled by the establishment of this college. This college offers Under-graduate & Post-graduate courses.
3. Kilakarai Bukhari Aalim Arabic College, Vandalur.
III EDUCATIONAL CENTRES
1. Crescent Career Guidance & Coaching Centre, (Chennai) for IAS, Professional courses entrance exams (1994). This centre guides and trains the bright students from the economically weaker sections & minorities for all the competitive examinations.
2. Islamic Studies & Cultural Centre, Chennai.
This library besides being a public library offers facilities for research, organises weekly book review meetings & publishes books.
IV FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE TO SCHOOLS AND COLLEGES
For betterment of Education, he has extended financial assistance to a number of schools, training institutes and Colleges. The names of few such Institutions.
a. Hyrathul Jalalia Higher Secondary School, Paramakudi
b. Mela Pallivasah Girls Higher Secondary School, Ilayaangudi
c. Al-Hilal matriculation School, Thondi, Ramnad District
d. Columbo Alim High School, Ramnad
e. Syed Ammal Higher Secondary School, Ramnad
f. Muslim Higher Secondary School, peraiyur, Madurai District
g. Crown Matricualtion School, Madurai
h. Seethakathi Matricualtion School, Nethaji Nagar, Chennai
i. Muslim Women's Association Matriculation School, Chennai
j. Muslim Higher Secondary School, Melapalayam, Tirunelveli District
k. Adi Dravida Primary School, Melapalayam, Nellai District
l. Rajah's Higher Secondary School, Ramanathapuram
m. Quaide- Millet Memorial School, Puliangudi
n. Swartz Higher Secondary School, Tiruppattur, Ramnad District.
2. Training Institutes and Polytechnics
a. Mohd Ismail Polytechnic and Technical Training Institute, Tirunelveli
b. Al-Ameen Khajamian Industrial Training Institute, Trichy
c. Al-Ameen Buhari Alim Technical Institute, Ilayangudi
d. Al-Ameen Polytechnic, Erode
a. Sadakathullah Appa College, Palayamkottai
b. Dr. Zakir Hussain College, Ilayangudi
c. The Muslim Arts College, Thiruvithancode
d. Justice Basheer Ahmed Sayeed College for Women, Chennai
e. The New College, Chennai
f. Wakf Board College, Madurai
g. Jamal Mohamed College, Trichy
h. Quaide-Millet College for Men, Chennai
i. Sethupathy Government Arts College, Ramanathapuram
j. Syed Mahmood Hassan Memorial Muslim girls college, Bharaich
k. Law College, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh.
4. Other Institutions
a. Bazam-e-Niswan Charitable Trust, Bangalore
b. Cancer Care Trust & Research foundation, Indore
c. Indian Publications Ltd., New Delhi
To provide better medical facilities to the rural masses at their door step, he started a well equipped hospital at Kilakarai, which was inaugurated by Mr. R. Venkataraman the then President of India. besies he has assisted many such hospitals in various other villages.
Yousuf Zulaikha Medical Centre, Kilakarai, Ramanathapuram District
This hospital has out-patient and inpatient facilities, clinical lab with all diagnostic equipments. The hospital is conducting regular medical camps in rural and remote villages to provide easy accessibility to the medical facilities available in towns and cities.B) Assisted with Funds
Primary Health Centre, Velanoor
1. Shifa Hospital, Adirampattinam, Thanjavur District
2. K.M.T. Hospital, Kayalpatnam, Tuticorin District
3. Crescent Hospital, Dr Besant Road, Chennai-14
He feels that a sound mind in a sound body is a healthy trend of development of the youth in this country. Hence much importance is being given to NSS, NCC, Scouts and other youth activities in all his institutions. Hence to promote sports activities and to imbibe sports culture in the minds of yougsters, he constructed and donated a stadium with all facilities for indoor games, gymnasium and a gallery to Tamil Nadu Government. Under the purview of Sports Authority of Tamil Nadu during 1997. The stadium was inaugurated by prof. K.Anbazhagan, Hon'ble Minister of Education Govt. of Tamil Nadu in the presence of Shri. R.Dhanushkodi Athithan, Minister of State, (Department of Youth Affairs & Sports), Government of India, The stadium was named as Seethakathi Sethupathi Stadium, which depicted a touch of communal harmony in the minds of the people.
He has founded and financially aided the following Orphanages.
1. Al-Mumin Seethakathi Children Home,
Sakkaraikottai, Ramanathapuram District
2. Al-Mumin Umar Pulavar Children Home
Ottapidaram, Tuticorin District
3. Al-Mumin Shahul Hameed (Wali) Children Home,
Thanjavur, Thanjavur District
4. Al-Mumin K.T.M.S. Hamid Children Home (Girls)
Kilakarai Ramnad District
5. Al-Mumin Malik Dinar Children Home (Girls)
B) FINANCIALLY AIDED
1. Muslim Orphanage Committee, Tirunelveli
2. Munavara Mahalir Mandram, Pudur, madurai
3. Al-Ameen orphanage (Boys), Erode
4. Al-Ameen Orphanage (Boys) Pudur, Madurai
5. Al-Mumin Children Home, Gingee
|Allah commands justice, the doing Of good, and giving to kith And kin, and He forbids All indecent deeds, and evil And rebellion: He instructs you, That ye may receive admonition. [Holy Quran 16:90]|
A. FIFTH INTERNATIONAL ISLAMIC TAMIL LITERARY CONFERENCE
Sponsored by the Seethakathi Trust founded by him. This conference was held at Kilakarai from 30th December 1990 to 1st January 1991.
The conference Inaugurated by Dato Samivelu, Minister of Malaysia was well attended by Tamil Scholars from different parts of the world, namely Srilanka, Singapore, Malaysia, Hongkong and UAE. The three day conference had different sessions on various aspects of Tamil Literature and nearly 24 books were released. The valedictory function was presided over by Dr. Kalaingnar M.Karunanidhi, the then Cheif Minister of Tamil Nadu.
B. ALL INDIA MUSLIM WOMEN'S EDUCATION CONFERENCE
Sponsored by the Seethakathi Trust and All India Islamic Foundation founded by him. This conference was conducted at Crescent School Campus, Vandalur, Chennai - 48, from 21 to 23 December 1996. It was inaugurated by prof. K. Anbazhagan under the Presidentship of Justice Fathima Beevi, the present Governor of Tamil Nadu.
This conference concentrated on the topic namely "Education, Employment and Enterpreneurship of Muslim Women". This conference was well attended by Muslim Women from India and abroad. The Valedictory session was presided over by Thiru G.K.Moopanar, M.P., Dr. Thahir Mahmood, Chairman, National Minorities Commission gave the valedictory address.
C. NATION & THE WORLD
A Biomonthly magazine in English, published from New Delhi being promoted by Mr. B.S. Abdur Rahman Serving the cause of our nation in general and weaker sections in particular.
In recognition of his services in the field of education, the Aligarh Muslim University students union conferred in the Honorary Life Membership in the presence of Prof. Faruqui, Vice Chancellor and Prof. Abdul Hassan Siddique, the pro. vice Chancellor of the University.
In recognition of his services in the field of business, social service and education, the Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology - Deemed University is conferred an Honorary Doctorate on 17th Jan 2005.
|INNOVATION, QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, GENEROSITY|
Please click to see The PHOTO GALLERY
Source : http://www.sadaqathullah.com/bsarahman.html