Saturday, December 29, 2012

I have a dream

By Guest Author/Anonymous

What made me write this post is a dream that I saw 8 months ago. I had a dream that one of Native Deen (Islamic Nasheeds band) members was speaking in a conference sitting on a table on which there were some glasses. And he spoke of setting dreams and he said something that goes along the lines of:

“When you think about achieving your goals don’t have a negative image that no one will benefit from… ,your job or business or that you will end up with just a normal job or business.  Set your mind that you will have the best job and the best business, and people will extremely benefit from it.”
 

Now how to define your goal? I heard so much about goal setting and how to define it. Now so many schools of thought teach that your goal must be realistic. To me, I say never be realistic, realistic dreams do not move, realistic dreams do not motivate, realistic dreams DO NOT IGNITE the flame of passion that will keep you running with excitement until the end of life. Realistic dreams will set you for mediocrity. To me if a dream is not wild I don’t feel the smallest amount of excitement to get up from my chair to do it. If a dream is not wild I’d rather sit on my couch and eat potato all day.
 


Do not be afraid of having a big dream. I used to be afraid of having a big dream and I still do but I always remember the verse from Qur’an where our Creator who knows how we function and He knows what’s best for us and He knows what makes us achieve our dreams said:

“أومن كان ميتا فأحييناه وجعلنا له نورا يمشي به في الناس كمن مثله في الظلمات ليس بخارج منها””

 

And is one who was dead and We gave him life and made for him light by which to walk among the people like one who is in darkness, never to emerge therefrom? Thus it has been made pleasing to the disbelievers that which they were doing. (Al Anaam – The Cattle 6:122).
 

You can be the dumbest person in class, you can be the poorest person, you can be the most stupid person in the world, and on top of all you can be the TOP MOST negative person in the world and everything might seem impossible to achieve. But when you know that your Creator, your Master, your Lord can bring you to life in a blink of a second, when you know that if you ask him he will grant you your wish immediately. When you have a concrete belief in this then your eyes will start to open up and your Baseera will light up and you will start to see a torch that guides you and those around you and put you in the right direction.
 

What is a more precise description for your situation that might be bad than being “dead”? and even if you’re dead emotionally, physically, financially, socially, Alhamdulillah our Lord can still bring you back to life not only that but also provide you with light that guides you in the right direction.
When I pondered on this verse I promised myself that I will never be afraid of having big dreams any more.
Finding your true dream can be challenging, and you might live your life without a dream for sometime and this will irritate you and disappoint you especially if you know that you should have a dream and you should have a goal. Because then you will get this feeling of guilt inside of you.
 

Finding a dream is something that can never be taught in school, if you know your true dream they might teach you how to get it, but if you do not know it then who can teach you how to know it? Maybe there are some ways out there but I’m not aware about them although I did search on how to find your dream and I did find some techniques but they didn’t work out.
 

The only technique that worked out for me was praying, praying too hard for Allah (the creator of the universe), begging him, asking him like a beggar, asking him like a poor hungry person who is in urgent need for only a piece of bread and a glass of water, asking him like humiliated slave while at the same time recognizing the greatness of whom I’m asking.

I knew my dreams will come true and I was certain because He promised us and said:

وإذا سألك عبادي عني فإني قريب أجيب دعوة الداعي إذا دعان فليستجيبوا لي وليؤمنو بي لعلهم يرشدون”


“And when My servants ask you, [O Muhammad], concerning Me – indeed I am near. I respond to the invocation of the supplicant when he calls upon Me. So let them respond to Me [by obedience] and believe in Me that they may be [rightly] guided.”
(Al Baqara – The Cow 2:186).

Now after 8 months I’m glad to say that Allah responded to my prayers, now I do have a dream that I know very well, I do know my purpose, and I do know my mission and it turned how I think of the world upside down, instead of waiting for this life to end I now look for every single new day eagerly!

Go Ahead, if you don’t know your dream, Go Ahead, if you don’t know your mission, Go Ahead if you don’t know your purpose, Go Ahead if you don’t know what’s the benefit of living yet another day, Go Ahead and Ask “THE KING” Go Ahead and ask “THE MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE” Go Ahead and ask “THE MOST POWERFUL”, Go Ahead and ask “THE GREATEST”, Go Ahead and ask “THE GIVER OF VICTORY”, Go Ahead Ask him, Beg him, Request him, pray to him, supplicate to him, …..

GO AHEAD, A WONDERFUL LIFE IS AWAITING YOU!
May Allah give you victory and turn your life into heaven before you enter the real heaven.


Amen

Source : http://xeniagreekmuslimah.wordpress.com/

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails