Friday, December 20, 2013

Three Best Friends

The Messenger of Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “By Him in Whose Hand my soul is, no one is a (perfect) believer until he wishes for his (Muslim) brother what he wishes for himself.” [Bukhari]

There once lived three men who were the very best of friends for the pleasure of Allah. One of the friends, Waqidi, related:

“I had two friends, a Hashimite and a non-Hashimite, and we were very close to each other, like three inseparable companions. I did not have much money and when the day of Eid approached, my wife said to me, ‘We can be patient at all times, but I cannot bear to see my children weeping and crying. I feel as though my heart would break, when I see them in rags, while other children are buying new clothes and other fine things for Eid. If you could get me some money for Eid, I would sew new clothes for them.’


“I then wrote a letter to my Hashimite friend and told him my sad story. He sent me a sealed bag with one thousand Dirhams and an important note. This note explained that I could use this money as I wished.

“No sooner had I thought of how to use the money when I received a note from my other friend, the non-Hashimite. In this note my friend told me his story. He also desperately needed money. And so I sent that same bag of money to him. I then went home and told my wife what I had done with the money. She was very happy that I had helped a friend in need. Alhamdulillah!

“As we sat talking to each other, my Hashimite friend came with the same bag that he had sent me three days ago. He said, ‘Tell me the truth about this bag of money. How has it reached me again?’ I then explained to him how I had sent it to our non-Hashimite friend.

“He then said, ‘When I received your note I had nothing with me except this bag, which I sent to you. But then I wrote to our non-Hashimite friend and asked him for help. I was surprised when he sent me my own sealed bag, which I had sent you. Now have I solved the mystery of the sealed bag!’”

This hadith has been sent to me by dailyhadith.adaptivesolutionsinc.com

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails