Monday, March 26, 2018

Owners Rights


The Messenger of Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “A man will not be let go on the Day of Resurrection until he has been asked about four things; his life and how he spent it, his knowledge and what he did with it, his wealth and how he earned it and spent it, and his body and how he used it.” [Sunan at-Tirmidhi]

Allah (subhana wa ta’ala) says: “Behold, Allah has bought of the believers their lives and their possessions, promising them Jannah in return…” [Quran: Surah Taubah, Ayat 111]

If I have sold my body, my life and my wealth in exchange for Jannah then do I have any right left over it? If I sell someone my car can I tell them what speed to drive it at, whom to seat in it, what colour to paint it, or which days of the week to use it? It belongs to the new owner: They now have the rights to determine how it is to be used.



My eyes, ears, brain, tongue, hands, feet… every part of me belongs to Allah, as do my wealth, my family and my children. I bartered them in exchange for Jannah. They must now be used in accordance with the new Owner’s (Allah’s) wishes. He has informed me how to use them and what not to do with them.

My brain is to be used to understand the guidance that has come from Allah. My brain is to be used to take man out of the slavery of Shaitaan and his own Nafs, and into the slavery of his Creator, Sustainer and Cherisher. My brain is to be used to stay on Sirat-e-Mustaqeem, the Straight Path to Jannah and Allah’s Pleasure.

My senses and faculties are more tools gifted to me by Allah (subhana wa ta’ala). I must not misuse them. I must not use my eyes to watch movies in which men and women disregard Allah’s injunctions on how to dress. Nor can I watch movies in which people have relationships Allah has forbidden. Why? Because we are not allowed to witness sin. When you watch sin being committed you become insensitive to its evil and it begins to find acceptability in your heart.

If a person is beating an innocent child and breaking their bones are you allowed to watch it happen? You will be punished for beating the child too, because you saw it happen and allowed it to continue. If nobody else punishes you, Allah will. Why? Because Allah forbade such behaviour and the witnessing of such behaviour.

So Allah has forbidden looking at non-Mahrams and having Haraam relationships. When you see all of this in movies you are witnessing it and doing nothing about it. In fact you are paying people (by buying the ticket, renting the movie, or subscribing to the channel) to violate Allah’s commands and you are paying them to influence other people in society to behave like that as well.

With my hands that I have sold to Allah in exchange for Jannah I can only help Muslims and not hurt them. With my feet I need to walk to the Masjid and not to a gathering where Allah has no significance. With my tongue I should help people recognize Allah and not use it to backbite. With my ears I should listen to Allah’s remembrance and not music. With my stomach and intestines I can only consume Halaal food and not that bought with ill gotten money.

Thus it is that we will have to answer to Allah (subhana wa ta’ala) to what use we put His possessions that were in our safekeeping - our bodies and our wealth.
dailyhadith.adaptivesolutionsinc.com

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails