For the curry:
- 1 kg white fish of your choice, skinned and cut into 5cm pieces
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 green chili, chopped
- 2 cups coconut milk
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander
- ½ tbsp fresh minced ginger
- ½ tbsp fresh minced garlic
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp freshly ground coriander
- 2 tbsp water
- Make the curry paste by grinding all marinade ingredients together until well blended. Rub the fish pieces with the marinade and set aside for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a wide pan. Add the mustard, fennel and cumin seeds. Once they crackle and pop add the onions.
- Sauté the onions for about 10 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
- Next add the tomatoes and tomato puree. Add salt to taste and stir fry for a few minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and bring to the boil. Place the fish pieces in the pan along with the chopped green chili. Mix gently and simmer on low heat for about 3-4 minutes or till the fish is cooked.
- Garnish the curry with fresh coriander and serve with boiled brown rice.
Source : http://www.healthymuslim.com/