Monday, August 19, 2013
South Indian Mutton/Lamb Biryani Recipe(Muslim style)
Mutton 1 kg
Jeera rice 1 kg
Small onions 150 gm
Onions sliced 150 gm
Ginger paste 75 gm
Garlic paste 75 gm
Green chillies 2 no
Chilli powder 2 tsp
Coriander powder 2 tsp
Tomato chopped 3 no
Curd 100 ml
Mint leaves 1 bunch
Coriander leaves 1 bunch
Garam masala powder 1 tsp (cinnamon, cloves, cardamom equally)
Fennel 1/4 tsp
Cardamom 4 no
Cloves 4 no
Cinnamon 3 to 4 strips (1 inch each)
Bay leaves 1 no
Lemon juice of 1 no
Salt to taste
Oil 150 ml
Ghee 50 ml
1. Wash mutton well and keep aside. Grind small onions to a fine paste.
2. Heat oil in a thick bottom vessel. Add cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, fennel and bay leaves and fry for a minute.
3. Add ground small onion, chopped onions, green chillies (slit vertically), ginger and garlic paste. Continue frying in a slow fire till the raw smell of onions reduces.
4. Add chopped tomatoes and continue frying till it gets smashed well.
5. Add salt, chilli powder, garam masala powder, mint leaves, corinader leaves and continue frying for few minutes.
6. Add mutton, curd and continue frying till the mutton gets 80 percent cooked. Add water if required.
7. Wash rice and keep aside. Measure the gravy and remaining water in the ratio of 1:2.
8. Transfer it to a 10 litre pressure cooker and pressure cook in a slow fire for 10 minutes.
9. Remove from heat and keep aside till the pressure goes.
10. Add 50 ml ghee and lemon juice and mix it.
12. Serve hot with Dalcha.