Sunday, June 6, 2010

A Message in time and place...



" One day I will grow up to be..."
Did you use to say this, or maybe you are still saying it?
I remember  how when I was younger, I always had  "aspirational dreams" that used  to change often..LOL!
As for all of us,  some of  my dreams were  realised, some did  not,
But what really matters is that I had a wonderful  journey trying to realise them and solid foundations.
Home is where we get our first foundations for feelings, skills, behaviour, attitude and ways of life.
 My father used to be the most influential person in my life. He used to guide me, encourage me and was a brilliant example of self sacrifice, integrity, hard work, affection, love and so much more that plain words can not even begin to describe.He always made me feel protected and valued and made me feel that everything is possible as long as you want it badly enough. Sadly I lost my dad in 2002. His death left a  huge gap in my life.

 As a parent  myself , I am  blessed and entrusted with the care of my own children, Alhamdulillah!.

So now is my turn to provide all that that I was provided with. To keep on going when I am tired, to keep on smiling, when I want to cry,to help them in the journey of this life, to help them  reach and touch their "dreams" with One Destination and Goal.

 The Ultimate "Goal" to be pleasing to Allah and achieve "What's good in this Life and What's Good in the Hereafter", Inshallah . With destination: Jannah, Inshallah.

They say: Children are living messages we send to a time and place we will never see.

I am my parents message to this time and this place as my children will be of mine.


We read in the Qur'an:
"And your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him. And that you be dutiful to your parents. If one of them or both of them attain old age in your life, say not to them a word of disrespect, nor shout at them but address them in terms of honour." 
(  سورة الإسراء  , Al-Isra, Chapter  #17, Verse #23)




"Our Lord! Forgive me and my parents, and (all) the believers on the Day when the reckoning will be established." 
(
  سورة إبراهيم  , Ibrahim, Chapter #14, Verse #41)



http://reflections4muslimahs.blogspot.com/2010/05/message-in-time-and-place.htmlA Message in time and place...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails